Friday, March 14, 2008

The Finalists: Raisin, Sage and Silk

We couldn't find a 3rd color for the trim, so we're going to use the Saybrook Sage on the kitchen walls with Greenmount Silk as the trim, and then the opposite in the family room. Then we're going to paint the arches in Raisin Torte, which we have in the living room. It will match the arch in the doorway between the living room and kitchen. Complicated, I know, but maybe I'll get a photo up of what I mean. Or you'll just have to see it when you come to the house.

It totally looks black here, but it's really a nice deep red/burgundy sort of color. I think it will look good. If not, it's only a little bit that we'll need to paint over.

Alan met with the electrician today, first putting together a really spiffy map of where the lights will go. It reminds me of how the kids used to draw maps of their ideal houses on graph paper when they were little. Alan just kept on doing it.

I'm writing to avoid more packing and organizing.

No comments: