Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm In Love

Yes, the cabinets are as pretty as my fantasy. I just love that warm honey color.



We decided not to go with cabinets up to the ceiling because 1) the kitchen is small, and I think that would make it feel smaller, and 2) that slanted ceiling and beam made it difficult, if not impossible. What you're seeing above is the space for the range with microwave above. The cabinet pulls shipped today, so we'll be seeing those installed soon perhaps.



I am excited about having a pantry with doors. The space above it will be for cookie sheets and trays and such. Not sure what can go above the fridge. It's small, but it should be pretty accessible because the refrigerator will be set back, allowing easier access.

Don't the sage walls look good with the cabinets?

I had a request for another post from my fan, so here you are Beth - thanks for your faithful reading! It's going to slow down I think in the next few weeks as the more boring things get done - carpet & heater removal, new heater closet framing, baseboard installation. But I'll record every minute, don't you worry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to see pictures of the heater removal when that comes around! Then I can say "Good riddance!" and rub my hands together.