Saturday, April 26, 2008

Heater Closet Goes Up - 2nd Day

Just a couple 2 by 4s and we have an actual closet. Of course it's 80 degrees out, and suddenly the idea of forced air heat doesn't feel like the driving force it was last January when this whole thing started.

As a person of very limited hands-on skills, I am quite amazed at every little piece of building that happens around here. I remember talking to a neighbor who had bought an old camper that had a crushed in back corner. He was complete re-creating the back end of the camper with sheet metal and I don't know whatall. When I expressed my amazement he said, "It's just made stuff. So I can make it too," and had no inkling that this was a bit of magic from my perspective.

I've always wanted to learn how to frame something. But I hate using tools.

View from inside Ethan's room:



View from the family room:

No comments: