Friday, February 22, 2008

Do We Have Our Final Layout?

It's been a month of planning and obsessing, and I think we have our final layout plans. Cam, our general contractor, dropped off the drawings today, and we can't think of anything to change!

During this month I've learned a whole new vocabulary, discovered a wide range of internet resources and become TKO - totally kitchen obsessed! One website in particular, GardenWeb's Kitchen Forum has opened up a whole new world--things I never knew I needed are suddenly a requirement! This is good, as when I learn about conveniences and ways to make the kitchen work better, and bad
, as when it makes us spend more money, or makes me second guess all my choices.

I'm excited to begin! Here's the plan:
  • Blancodiamond fireclay sink - shall we go black or "anthracite" or white, 1 1/2
  • Caesarstone countertop Verde
  • Merillat cabinets, maple, toffee, Portrait, Classic
  • Bamboo flooring, Greenwood we think-vertical, carbonized going in the kitchen, family room & 2 bedrooms
  • Faucet - aaugh! how to decide? Grohe Alira, Danze Melrose, Delta, definately a pullout and maybe soap dispenser, spend more, save a bit???
  • Lights - cans? LED? undercabinet? pendants? it's a whole world
  • Appliances - our first dishwasher in 12 years, new stove/oven, same refrigerator til it wears out
  • Cabinet pulls - I like these
  • We'll have a pantry! and a breakfast bar! deep drawers, undersink trash & recycling, shelf for cookbooks, hanging pot rack
  • And HEAT for the downstairs - will my children forgive us for waiting until they left?

No comments: