Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What Is This Man Doing?



You got that right! He is actually washing dishes in a sink! Remarkable, I know, but it's really true. We cooked in our temporary kitchen, but we celebrated the plumber's visit by doing dishes in a real sink. Alan even used the dispos-all, a new experience for this kitchen.
We experimented with our new towels when we dried. That would be microfiber towels and flour sack towels, which we discovered on Gardenweb, our reno-bible. They worked. Amazing! Here's a close up:


Yup, really works. I'm so happy. This means appliances aren't so far away.
So get ready for 99.9% DONE photos!

3 comments:

julianne said...

Hooray! Indoor plumbing is something that we only appreciate when we don't have it. I'm hooked on 100 per cent linen dish towels. I get them at the thrift store... the souvenir tea towels that nobody really uses. They dry with no streaks and leave no lint behind.

Nancy said...

It's funny, as we were buying these towels, I couldn't believe I was actually spending time considering the pros and cons of various towels. Who knew there were such nuances involved? These are the hidden dangers of remodeling.... I'll try the thrift store - thanks!

Marina said...

Ooooooooooooo. That looks like a very, very pretty sink--even when I'm not comparing it to the crazy leaky sinks here! ;)