Thursday, June 12, 2008

99% Done!

Yesterday the appliances were installed, the electrical stuff finished, and now it's just a few last small things like door knobs and door stops and drawer front adjustments. The appliance guys scratched up the floor a little, but maybe it will buff out.

I'm alternately thrilled and depressed, excited to move in and exhausted. After spending so much energy on all of this, there are bound to be a few disappointments and inevitable moments of coming up short. At the same time, there are more projects to continue to work on - carpeting the stairs and upstairs, re-doing the bathroom, choosing stuff to fill the new rooms.

This is when I wished I love to shop and had better taste (with more money to go with it).
I won't go through the things I don't like - I'm grateful for all that we have, and on the bright side, the stove fits exactly into the space allotted, there's a ton of storage, I love the cabinets, sink and floors, and I can't wait to stop washing dishes in the bathtub. It will probably be this weekend that we start using the kitchen more fully, as work is very time-consuming right now. I'll be glad when Ethan can move out of my office and into his room, and hopefully he'll find the time to help us out with all the stuff that needs to get done.

I'm sure once we move in stuff and start using everything it will all feel fine, and life goes on. I'll post photos later - there's no way of getting a photo of the whole thing, because of the long narrow shape of the kitchen, so you'll just have to come over. July 5th party? We hope!

No comments: